Air Louvers Discontinuing KeraShield Glazing Products
January 24, 2023
Air Louvers will be discontinuing KeraShield products, as the manufacturer will no longer be producing them. We will make every effort to fulfill any existing orders in our system, but will no longer be quoting KFRF, KFRL and KFRU. We will be removing all KFRF glazing and KFRF PAKs from our stock list.
Since the Pyran Platinum® line of glazing is comparable to KeraShield in thickness, fire-rating, and safety-rating certifications, we are recommending that you substitute PPF or PPL for your future KFRF or KFRL requests. Many of our customers have already switched to PPF over the last few years as prices have risen.
- PPF and PPL products are listed up to 3 hours depending on the application
- PPF and PPL products meet CPSC 16CFR 1201 CAT I & CAT II impact safety standards
- PPF is a 3/16” filmed fire-rated glass that fits into our standard Slimline, VLFEZ and VLF frames
- PPL is a 3/8” fire-rated glass that fits into our VLFIG, VLFEZIG and VSIG frames.
- Pyran Platinum products are manufactured without the typical hazardous chemical process
- Pyran Platinum products have a neutral coloration designed to match float glass more closely.
Please feel free to contact your Manufacturers Representative or your Air Louvers Customer Account manager with any questions.