For over 75 years, we have been known for developing, manufacturing, and distributing quality products for the commercial construction industry. Activar Construction Products Group now offer products under the brand names of JL Industries, Air Louvers, Maxam Metal Products, Dur-Red Products, Rooftop Accessories and Hiawatha. With multiple manufacturing plants and the most stocking locations in the industry, we provide fast local distribution to most major metropolitan areas of the US.
Our headquarters is based in Bloomington Minnesota, with manufacturing and distribution facilities in Commerce California, Bloomington Minnesota, and Burnaby British Colombia.
Quick pick-up or delivery is available for our commonly ordered products from our regional warehouses including Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
Production facilities include CNC machining, robotic welding, and the latest technology in no-VOC paint lines. We are continuously improving manufacturing efficiencies, specifying sustainable product materials, and implementing recycling, and waste reduction programs.
We are members of the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA), the Door Security + Safety Professionals Institute (DHI), Fire Equipment Manufacturer’s Association (FEMA), National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED), International Code Council (ICC) and the Minnesota Manufacturers Alliance.
Upcoming Industry Events
Since 2001, our group of companies has been known as Activar Construction Products Group, Inc.
- JL Industries, Inc. was founded in 1947 as a manufacturer of fire extinguisher, valve, and hose cabinets for the commercial construction industry. JL was the first commercial construction products company to join Activar Incorporated.
- Activar continued growing its offerings of additional fire protection products, access panels and roof hatches with the acquisition of Samson Products of Los Angeles CA in 1984, providing increased manufacturing capabilities and access to the west coast market.
- In 1981, Hiawatha, Inc. of Bloomington Minnesota joined us. Hiawatha was founded in 1954 and known for their line of architectural door hardware including kickplates, door pulls and push bars, door stops, flush bolts, and door coordinators.
- With the addition of Air Louvers, Inc. in 1991, located in Los Angeles, the range of construction product offerings was expanded even further. Since 1965, Air Louvers operated a 50,000 square foot manufacturing facility for products including metal vision frames, louvers, and metal edges for doors. Both Samson Products and Air Louvers consolidated operations with a move to a new, larger building in Commerce California that year.
- In 1996, Activar Construction Products Group added Thomas Enterprises, with a state-of-the-art aluminum cabinet fabrication and distribution facility in Fort Myers Florida.
- RoofTop Accessories (RTA), based in Texas joined the Activar Construction Products Group in 2016. RTA specializes in roof hatch safety rail systems and the Keycurb™ rooftop pipe and equipment supports since 1998.
- With the addition of Maxam Metal Products in 2020, many new lines of fire-rated access panels including the largest tested sizes of access panels in the industry became available along with up to 4-hour fire-rated floor doors.
- Dur-Red Products joined the Activar Construction Products Group family in 2021 and brings industry-leading lines of roof accessories including smoke vents, equipment hatches, skylights, and roof hatches.
- The line of US-manufactured CATO plastic fire extinguisher cabinets and alarm covers started being offered in mid-2023.
You can find more information about our Brands below: